Motor start switch

Since you can spin it manually and the motor will start...it is probably just a bad capacitor. It is located under the cover (the hump) on top of the motor. You should try to replace it with the identically rated and/or same part number.

I had the exact same issue with both of my pumps yesterday. Replaced both capacitors and it still did nothing. I took motors fully apart yesterday, cleaned all wire connections as well as ensured the start switch at the back of the motor was working properly... put everything back together and they work like a charm now... the magnetic rotating centrifugal switch sits on the shaft on the inside of the bearing in the rear, make sure that's moving back and forth and engaging the start switch, this is what mine looked like ( http://www.spaparts.com.au/products...ek-Rotating-Centrifugal-Switch-%2d-2-spd.html ) i greased the shaft where the switch sits so it moves very easily now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.