TFPC newb in phoenix

Yesterday morning I was at FC 6.5 pH 7.4, this afternoon FC 4 pH 7.7

So my FC from SLAM has now drifted below target level and I need to start adding chlorine routinely. While also working on lowering TA, do I lower pH first, let it circulate, then add chlorine?

I misunderstood the Min and Target FC levels and now I'm guessing I have organics again, as I've been losing 4-6ppm per day. What I think I need to do in the future is calculate my own target, and raise to that FC level so that it won't go below the minimum before the next dose. I was adding just enough to reach the target from the cya chart everyday but starting going under the minimum when the temps got up.

Raised FC to 10.5 last night and OCLT was -1.0ppm (9.5 at dawn). Going to run all my tests again now. Seems like I may need to SLAM again.

No that is is hot I keep my FC around 9 since the AZ sun just eats it up. You only lost1 ppm overnight so techs that is passing. It would not hurt to run SLAM levels for a few days. Just to beon the safe side. The target 3-4 ppm higher than target level for daily adds

Thanks, not sure how I didn't realize that was the idea for a target FC. Here are my 9:20 tests, already lost 1ppm FC since 5am.

FC 8.5 CC 0
pH 7.3-7.4
TA 125
CH 450
CYA 60 (maybe 60-70 range)
Temp 84F
CSI 0.2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My last 24 hours:
5pm FC 2.5 CC 0 Add 1gal 10%
8pm FC 10.5 CC 0 (after sundown)
5am FC 9.5 CC 0 (before sunup)
920am FC 8.5 CC 0
6pm FC 7.5 CC 0

I was surprised to see -1ppm early in the morning and then only -1ppm through the rest of the day as it was 110F. Doesn't make sense to me, but verified the 7.5 twice.

Now I'm debating if I need another SLAM or not. Lost 3ppm over the last 24 hours. Looking back at my log I've dipped below my minimum of 4 almost everyday since June 2.