Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt Reading Fluctuates

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt Reading Fluctuates

The salt readings on my Aquarite SWG vary from 600ppm to 3500ppm over 1-2 days. My actual salt level as tested is 3600ppm and has been consistent. My cell is 3 years old, but has been regularly maintained and is clean inside. All wires and connections have been checked and are good. I have "recalibrated" the cell by switching the controller to off, then on, waiting for the click, press the button 5 times, switch to superchlorinate and then back to on. This works for about a day, then it starts over again. The Generate light is on when the reading is above 2600. The salt cell tested OK. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salt Reading Fluctuates

I have the Aquarite T15. My salt level on screen fluctuates only a couple hundred ppm. Can you update the salt display to the NEW Instant Salinity Value ?

Slide the main switch from Off to the Auto position
    Push the diagnostic button repeatedly until -xxxx appears on screen
    Slide main switch from Auto to Super Chlorinate and back to Auto
    Push Diagnostic button to exit
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

3. Back To Top    #3

What is the water temp? If it is below 50 it won't work, below 60 it might not work, below 70 it could be intermittent. Or it is failing. I don't spend a lot of time trying to get my SWG to work or trust its salt readings until the water is close to 70. I use bleach until then.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    What is the water temp? If it is below 50 it won't work, below 60 it might not work, below 70 it could be intermittent. Or it is failing. I don't spend a lot of time trying to get my SWG to work or trust its salt readings until the water is close to 70. I use bleach until then.
    My Instant salt reading starts at 3600 and then rapidly declines to around 2400. Water temp is 72.