Pool cover question

kicko

Jul 14, 2008
Good question i am wondering the same thing. I have a 32x16 rectangle AG pool with a deck at one end. The cover i have is just a basic style that you can insert the weights around the edge or fasten with other methods with the eyelets (which i am doing)

So what would be my best approach? tight to the surface or sagging in touching the water?

For the AG pool -- I have the same size with a deck at one end. I have 3 pillows tied off diagonally across the pool. I drained the pool below the return. Cover is on the water and I used "alligator clips." Previously, the former owner ran a line through the loops sewn on the cover every 2' or so. I'll do that if I'm not satisfied with the alligator clips' performance. There are water bags on the deck and we also tied lines to the loops to hold taut the part that is on the deck. I'm thinking about getting an automatic cover pump.

Sue

If the cover was taught, the weight of rain and snow would push down enough to pull the water bags into the pool. As Kinguni said, it should be on the water.

A safety cover should be taught in the spring and fall to keep debris dry so it can blow away. But in the winter, if you get any snow, it should be loosened enough to sit down on the water so the water can help support the snow load.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.