New build in central PA

heatdissipation

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 13, 2014
Central PA
My pool was started two weeks ago, and just wanted to share some pictures so far, I will explain more in detail when I am not on my phone and have my laptop with me, so for now I will just dump a bunch of pictures for you all to look at. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430936182.949267.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430936198.497736.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430936225.068461.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430936246.554821.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430936265.307660.jpg

This is great! I'm new to this pool building stuff, and for some reason, the vinyl pool builds fascinate me. I only know a little bit about gunite pools (my own), and nothing about vinyl pools.

So, with that in mind.... Are those 2 giant club chairs on the far side of the pool layout? You guys must be tall! Do the chairs recline? Will the giant media screen be directly across the pool? How cool is this? A theater pool!

I'm so sorry, please excuse me. I've had a rough pool build day. Instead of drinking, I get ridiculously silly.

Seriously, what are the two white chair-like things?

Your pool has a great shape! And OMG... What gorgeous countryside! It looks like the background for a movie set - no landscaping needed.

Me too, Karynkjd, serious pool house envy. When you get time, give us more info/specs on the pool house. I can't wait for this build! Thank you so much for sharing. Take care! Suz.

Those are two sets of buddy seats, just a nice place to sit in the pool and relax. :). The pool house is 14x26 ft, we had a local Amish company build it and left the interior unfinished, I am in the process of finishing it now, hopefully the pool will be done in a couple weeks and we can get rid of some of the stress from this build, my blood pressure is skyrocketing!

Suz- what am I missing - where is the movie screen.

Oh I am loving this more and more!

And I totally agree with the stress. And the wasted days for inspections or concrete curing?? I can't wait to swim.

Hoping June 1!

How's your company time wise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel for you about the inspections. On the other hand, in our area, there are no inspections. It makes things easier for the owner with an honest Pool Builder, but much worse if you're stuck with an unscrupulous PB. We're lucky because ours has a great reputation and has been wonderful.

My stress comes from some alien implant within my brain. I think it's called "LGCS" or Letting Go of Control Syndrome! The darn thing sneaks up on me and then bites me in the (well, you know where)!

Time wise, our builder is terrific. Mother Nature, on the other hand, has been a different story with all our rain. I won't complain, especially when parts of the country are in desperate need of water. But I can't even blame MN for our slow downs. I get FULL credit for that. In addition to LGCS, I also suffer from "Can't Make Simple Decisions Disorder". The tile and stone selection gave me fits. The irony is, I ended up selecting blah beiges for everything except for some glass tile trim. But my PB has been patient, thank goodness.

So really, what are those white box or chair-like things on the perimeter of the pool forms? I really don't know..... Is this one of those times that when I hear the answer, I will need to go hide out on another forum??

Glad you're here joining in the fun!!! Suz.

Suz must be able to tell the future, I already have the projector and screen for outside movie night in the pool.
Our pool builder is a pretty good guy, this is the third week of the install, we have a lot of stamped concrete and regular concrete being poured also, so that is taking some time, along with the new deck we had built. We are hoping for June 1st also.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow your backyard is amazing. Phenomenal views!!

What's an adrenaline slide and do I need one!

We can't make the decision between the stamped concrete and pavers. Can't find a design I love but your deck is looking great.

Suz I also drove my pB insane. Once I finally make the decision. I second guess. Then change it. "So I know I hated bubblers but maybe two on the tanning ledge", "yes I love the layout and design but low end not large enough can we go to the next size", "can't nail down a stamped concrete design lets reconsider pavers 7 days into the build!" Haha - and the added bench. Poor guy probably pops a Xanax when he sees an email from me.

How did you choose decking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWMBO picked it out. (She who must be obeyed). The slide is an interfab adrenaline slide for my kids, oh and the stamped concrete is just under the deck, stamped concrete gets really slick with wet feet without putting the anti slip stuff in it, for the rest of the concrete it is going to be acid stained and sealed.

Those are two sets of buddy seats, just a nice place to sit in the pool and relax. :). The pool house is 14x26 ft, we had a local Amish company build it and left the interior unfinished, I am in the process of finishing it now, hopefully the pool will be done in a couple weeks and we can get rid of some of the stress from this build, my blood pressure is skyrocketing!

Heatdissipation (Love your user name!), I just blew past your answer to my question about the chairs. Sorry.... Gee! They really are chairs of a sort. I've NEVER seen that! I love it. I saw a lot of pipe work coming out or near them - will the buddy seats include jets like in a spa? Relaxing sounds so wonderful right now.

That is awesome about your pool house - interesting! I admire you doing the work yourself. Keep the BP down - you want to be around to enjoy all of this! (btw, did anyone else notice that "BP" is the reverse of "PB" for pool buildier...... hmmmmmmm..... I'll let you guys finish my inference!)

Karynkjd and Heatdissipation, I apologize for mixing you two up in my mind. I've been flipping between your threads, and well, it just happened. So I ended up asking Karynkjd what the buddy seats were. Sighhhhh. No telling what else I have confused this evening. Suz.

Adrenaline Slide!!! I can't wait to see that! Makes better sense than taking a pill, right?!

Your deck is wonderful - perfect for enjoying the countryside. I want one! (the countryside) In my next life, I'm living in the country - the wide open spaces with gently rolling hills and some trees, but not enough to block the sunrises and sunsets.

Let me know when movie night is!!!! And still laughing over SWMBO!! :laughblue: I'm getting a plaque with those letters and hanging it near the pool. Heck, in every room of the house!

Karynkjd, you are too funny! I laughed and laughed reading your description of pushing your PB to Xanax! I know exactly what you mean. Maybe he will move you along faster so he can be free of you!

You guys have a great evening. Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, they have jets plumbed into all four seats. And there will be a couple nice umbrellas behind each set of seats! Gonna be my favorite seat for sure.

Drink holders, too? Suz.

This is going to be a very nice pool. Bet the kids are excited beyond belief!

Man I love those seats! This looks like a great build. Very nice looking deck as well. Must be an exciting time for your family. Looking forward to some more pics, what a beautiful setup.

Is your dog a swimmer?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.