Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Light Selection question

1. Back To Top    #1

Light Selection question

I saw another post with a similar question, and thought i would post my own so as not to hi jack someone else s thread.
    I need a new pool light, i have a Pentair with a blue lens, I am not sure of the wattage, but from the ring etching, it matches with other pentair I have seen online.
    Here is my setup:

I have never seen the light on, it was burnt out when I moved in. I would like a fancy LED color changer, but I am not sure if they would work in a pool as big as this. I just have the one light, as indicated by the blue dot in the drawing above.

Would one of those work for something this large? I have read the incandescent 500W are brighter, should I just stick with that? Or should I just get a cheaper and (brighter maybe ) LED white lite and use a colored lens?

Just looking for some knowledgeable input. Thank you.
    -Kreedaz
    40,000 Gallons- "Lazy L"; IG-Fiberglass; Pentair Clean and Clear+ 520; Circupool VJ3 VS Pump (2.4 SFHP); Circupool SJ-45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Light Selection question

Depends on how bright you want the pool to be. With a red light the pool will be pretty dark.

I installed a color LED bulb in my existing fixture that is controlled by a light switch.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Depends on how bright you want the pool to be. With a red light the pool will be pretty dark.

I installed a color LED bulb in my existing fixture that is controlled by a light switch.
    Do you happen to have a link to the bulb you chose?
    25k IG vinyl SWG Haywood 4830de 1.5hp TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Google: ColorSplash 3G

There are 12V and 120V versions and pool and spa sizes.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!