Figures. Broke Jandy pressure relief valve while trying to replace gauge!

dndrich

Silver Supporter
Apr 19, 2015
Sebastopol, CA
Pool pals:

So, I wanted to replace my pressure gauge on my Jandy CL-580 filter with a nice gauge I bought from TFT. My assembly is this one.

Broke it off while trying to unscrew the pressure gauge. Figures. I easily was able to get the stub piece out of the filter, so no problem there. I ordered a replacement, and it should be here tomorrow. But my question is, has anybody successfully taken one of these apart in order to replace the pressure gauge with a better gauge? I can't tell from the exploded drawing in my Jandy instructions whether it just screws in there.

You would. I'm talking about removing the pressure gauge from the assembly and putting in a new one. That would maintain the air release valve. I was able to unscrew the thing as it turns out, because it just screws in. I tried the new pressure gauge I bought in the broken assembly just to see if it fits, and what do you know, the housing is too small! So I broke the thing for nothing! Oh well, I have another one coming from Amazon tomorrow.

Well that sucks. Thank you Jandy for being none standard and forcing you to use there crappy gauge. You should be able to find a good gauge with a smaller pipe thread, but not sure where.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.