Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chelpiper

1. Back To Top    #1

Lima, OH

Cheers everyone. I hope all is well. I've already been getting a lot of great information on this site for a few months now but am just getting around to joining TFP. We bought a house back in October that has what I "think" they call a volleyball pool. It is 30' x 15' and was in moderate shape when we moved in. The previous owners were not taking care of it during the previous 5 or 6 months. I paid for an inspection and then also to have it cleaned and closed for the cold Ohio winters. From reading on this site and other sites linked from here, I gathered enough knowledge and opened the pool myself 3 weeks ago (I know early but I was excited to get started) and so far our numbers are looking good. I use the recommended TF-100 kit. I've swam a couple of times already, be it chilly at night. I already have some questions that I will search for answers for later, but I wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I apologize in advance for the grainy picture. It looks a little different now, we put a new auto cover on it which is now dark grey, and have spruced it up with a lot of plants and furniture. This is shortly after we bought it. I will update a new picture along with a more detailed signature later.

Best Regards,

Attached Images Attached Images
    16K well-water IG fiberglass pool, sand filter, variable speed pump, TFTestkit/TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: chelpiper

Welcome to TFP!!!

Great to see that you have a good test kit already
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Welcome to TFP!!

Looks good. I drive through Lima on the way to the in-laws in Toledo.... The wife is an Ohio girl, wen to Bowling Green.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Howdy Chad! Opening up the pool early (and closing late) is a good idea. Open before the water gets too warm gives you time to balance it while any algae that may be present are slowed down reproducing by the cold water.

Enjoy your pool!
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome Chad!

Good to have you aboard.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7
    SW PA

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Great to see that you have a good test kit already
    +1 to that!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.