I live in CT and have a 20,000 gal IG vinyl liner pool. Unfortunately it has been kind of neglected over the last couple of weeks. The kids stopped using it and I have not checked the chemical levels in a couple of weeks. I have an automatic chlorinator (liquid) and a DE filter and I would look under the cover every 2-3 days just to make sure it was still clear.
Anyway, all was ok until I checked it yesterday. There was a dead skunk floating in the pool and the liner is completely covered in green slime. I added 2-1/2 gallons of 12% and brushed the pool and it turned the water into pea soup.
I have read the info on dealing with the algae and think I can tackle this, but I am worried about the skunk, will keeping the chlorine at shock level long enough to kill the algae kill anything that may or may not have come from the skunk?
I have not taken new readings yet because the water is nasty, but the last time I checked they were
I am sorry if I rambled or if I posted this in the wrong section but I am really worried about this, and to say my wife is freaking out would be an understatement.