Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Design your Pool Cleaner---Earn $10 while supporting TFP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Design your Pool Cleaner---Earn $10 while supporting TFP!

PoolResearch.org and TFP have worked together to offer you a chance to help design a product you ultimately would use. PoolResearch.org, a professional research organization is doing a survey that will be used in the development and design of a new line of pool vacuum cleaners by a major U.S. company. This survey will occur in Mid-May, however they are accepting sign ups now. For your time you will receive $10 upon the completion of the survey, plus PoolResearch.org will donate $5 to TFP. Please help support the forum with its operating costs, while earning some cash for yourself.

To take this survey please Click Here to register. Thomas Davenport from PoolResearch will then contact you shortly with some extra details about this opportunity. TFP encourages each of you to spend 20minutes or so to work with PoolResearch.org to help design this new model. We hope you please take advantage of this opportunity. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away. This survey is open to ALL members of TFP, so please speak up!

Lee

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Design your Pool Cleaner---Earn $10 while supporting TFP!

Done
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Done
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll give Thomas a good survey response.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Just filled out the pre-survey.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everybody! It's off to a good start so far.

7. Back To Top    #7

Done with my pre survey
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Do we have to have our pool built?? I'm afraid all I could offer for a pool cleaner is a design of a cute pool boy! But if they want newbie input, I definitely qualify for that.

Where I really excel is in proofing and editing instructional materials. If I can understand how to do something, anyone can. I've adapted a guidance book/manual to reach more readability levels (only as a volunteer for a non-profit, not as a paid employee). Maybe they will need help in that area when the time comes...... Thanks. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Done
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

10. Back To Top    #10

i'm signed up. I did the survey with these guys a month or so ago. It was great, very professional, informative and interesting.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

registered!

I talked Thomas' ear off on the phone a month or so ago. I was fun talking to him and he asked lots of good questions.
    Im 89.5% sure I about talked him into building himself a pool!
    Im looking forward to the next survey!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

12. Back To Top    #12

Above ground pools don't qualify.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Done...
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

14. Back To Top    #14

Attempted to navigate to poolresearch.org before clicking on the link and there is nothing there... Always weary about following links and giving away personal information to get spammed for life.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

15. Back To Top    #15

Lots of us felt the same way when this subject first came up several week ago. He approached TFP through the admins and asked if it was ok to talk to some of us and we were assured this is not a resource mining gag.

He was very polite and this isnt a marketing gag. Thomas is straight up. Several of us have spoken to him on the phone and the conensus the same from everyone who did.

He isnt trying to sell anything and there isnt any spamming or advertising at all. There is no "website".
    He is an engineer that was hired by a pool clearner manufacturer. He wont say who.

His goal is to talk to people and what they like and dont like about our pool cleaners, and relay that back to who hired him.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

16. Back To Top    #16

Okay, thanks
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Above ground pools don't qualify.
    I've sent Tom an email pleading about this. Don't give up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    He isnt trying to sell anything and there isnt any spamming or advertising at all. There is no "website".
    He is an engineer that was hired by a pool clearner manufacturer. He wont say who.
    Even more than "He won't say who" he can't say who. He and his company has signed a non disclosure agreement that will not release the name of the company. This is VERY common in this type of cases.

18. Back To Top    #18

Hi guys,
    Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far, we're getting a good turnout.

We really appreciate it. The more #'s we get, the better the results will be out the other end (and the more $ we can raise for TFP)
    I know I've said it before, your details are safe with us. We won't try to sell you anything or share your details with others, we're just trying to understand your needs so we can point the client in the right direction with their development efforts.

Regarding above ground pools, I'd love to include them, but they are out of scope for this project. Maybe on the next project.

Regards,

Tom

Also, if you've got any other questions, please post them up here. Happy to answer them.

19. Back To Top    #19

signed up
    15k gallon (?) kidney-shaped inground concrete (paint) pool & spa combo undergoing resurfacing. 6 floor jets, 2 side returns around steps, 1 skimmer also near steps. Spa has 4 jets. 1 hp Sta-Rite Supermax, 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (holds up to CC200), ComfortZone gas heater - old and broken, Master Pool return distributor (not sure what to call it). Pool Before Resurface

20. Back To Top    #20

Signed up

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast