Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Polaris 180 with ??

1. Back To Top    #1

Knoxville, TN

Replacing Polaris 180 with ??

Hoping for some quick advice: We've got a super OLD Polaris 180 that has finally gone to the pool cleaner farm. I'm looking to replace it but need it's replacement to be compatible with the booster and the water inlet that currently exist (there's no money for replacing the entire system...)

The pool isn't huge -- but has some really steep walls as it transitions to the deep end that the 180 could never really get clean.

Any suggestions??

21K gal, IG - Free Form, Vinyl (replaced in 2012) with Hayward S-244T Sand Filter, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator (installed in 2015 to replace Hayward 220 Chlorinator), in process of installing Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Savannah GA

Re: Replacing Polaris 180 with ??

My 280 is a workhorse and has no problem climbing
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Annandale, VA

Re: Replacing Polaris 180 with ??

I have the 280 also, going on a few years now (@3-4?). Totally happy with it, have it on a timer (or a Schedule via my Suntouch) to run a 1/2 hour a day. Keep my pool 95% clean. Some of the newer Polaris cleaners have a cool looking blue and greyish body.
    16x32 Concrete IG, 20+ years old and going strong
    Equipment: DE Filter, Jandy Gas Heater, Solar Panels, 1hp Hayward Pump with 3/4 HP AO Smith 2 Speed Replacement Motor, Aquarite SWG
    Automation: Pentair Suntouch controller w/solar valve
    Cleaners: Polaris 280 (replaced an Aquabot)