Ok I posted a few days ago about suggestions and the responses are appreciated.
I've read pool school and the pool chemistry info.
But I still have questions that I didn't find clear answers too.
So, here goes....
First let me tell you all what we ordered.
We went with a package deal that included some extras and installation.
We could not substitute anything so well use what we need and leave out what we don't.
Here's what we're getting. Then I'll ask my questions.
-24 ft round 52 in deep seaspray evolution clx 12,974 gallons
-20 mil unibead aspen creek liner (I believe it's clip on not overlap)
-hydro therapy jet (pkg special)
-wide mouth skimmer
-hayward sand filter 1 hp model S180T92S
-A frame safety ladder model 7100X (gray)
-basic pole, basic brush, basic leaf skimmer
-maintenance kit 35' hose
-vacuum head triangle, and hose 1-1/2" 35'
-24 round Armor Shield floor (pkg special)
-dirt devil cleaner model 35-D2500-CW (pkg special)
-frog mineral system complete start up (pkg special) WE DO NOT PLAN TO USE!!!! but we couldn't substitute anything.
installation included (pkg special)
If we had done everything individually it would be more.
We're scheduled for May 14th install!!!
So my questions are:
1. During the build: Do we need a chlorinator installed? And Do we tell them just don't install frog system? Our package says install chlorinator or frog. I can have then install chlorinator if needed.
2. Where do I start? I've seen pool opening but have not seen anything on new pool new and water yet. I've looked everywhere.
So i Add water, test water, then put what in first? I'm lost here. I want a TFP but don't want to start out wrong and create trouble. What's the order?
I know BBB method but for a new pool what's the method? I can not find anything anywhere.
Do I just pour in bleach? See I'm lost. Are there new pool chemicals I'll need just to start the pool? Then use bbb method?? I do not want a CYA problem!!!
3. What do I need on hand always? Bleach, baking soda, muriatic acid and borax. What about keeping shock around? Non-chlorine or chlorine shock?? And obviously test kit!!
4. Test kit. I want the best that tests it all. Do I need multiple kits to do this?
5. Fountain? A friend of mine had an in ground pool she used a fountain to help keep her pool cooler and add extra movement. Do you guys recommend a good one?
6. I live in savannah, GA.
Salty humid air all summer.
Very hot and again humid.
Any suggestions for me??
Anyways that's where I am. I'm cramming daily before install day. I've read so much and watched so much i don't know how I'm missing anything.
thank you again and bear with me as I learn and become more familiar with the forum
24 ft round Seaspray Evolution CLX 12,974 gallons