Aqua Rite all lights blinking real fast and display gobledegook

ned8377

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
Wake Forest, NC
I've ordered a new cell that will be here tomorrow but now think I may have board issues. All lights blinking rapidly and display is showing unreadable garbage. It has done this before and have been able to fix by turning off and back on but now can't fix. Is it the board or the cell?

Just went out and checked it and now all the lights are on solid and display unreadable but showing garbage. It still makes the click noise, after 15 seconds, when turned off and back to auto.

Thanks so much JamesW... I was able to correct the problem with the board by jamming a small piece of cardboard between the cover plate and the display PCB digital readout. Now, when or if I move the switch to off and back to on or super chlorinate, it works fine. I was able to reproduce the symptoms by moving the display PCB down slightly when the cover plate was removed. I never removed the board as you suggested but I think I have fixed it for the time being. There must be some corrosion on the metal connection pins. I've decided to just leave well enough alone - as long as it keeps working.

I have an Aqua Rite also but the LED lights are not working. The display is operating. When I power off the system, after a few seconds the power LED light turns on, but turns off after about 20 seconds. Could it also be the pins that are not making contact ? It displays the salt at 3000, but when I test the water it shows no salt. I added salt 2 days ago. I would appreciate your help, thank you.

How much salt did you add two days ago and was the salt reading before you added it? Did the system work last year or has it ever worked this year? Take the metal front panel off and gently move the small display PCB that sits on top of the main PCB. See if there are any changes.

Installed a new PCB on my Aquarite after lightning took out the previous board. After installing the new board and applying power I had the same symptoms; flashing lights and continuous clicking. Removing the display board and reinstalling it ensuring the pin placement was right corrected the problem. Thanks for the thread, and thanks for the solution!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.