Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG LEAKS

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG LEAKS

In the process of opening up the pool for the summer in Canada. Cleaned the cell, checked the O-rings and tightened all connections. When I turned my pump on water began to spill out of the top of the cell where the 3 prongs connect to the 'plug'. Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG LEAKS

Sounds like you'll have to replace the cell, I don't know what kind of luck you'd have trying to seal the leak.

My freeze protection switch failed this winter, pipes froze and split my 1400 down the side, also cracked my heater. Cell was 8 years old, so I wasn't too upset, but I think it may have been good for another 2.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

I had actually stored the cell inside the house when I closed the pool down for the winter. I took the plate cover off where the 3 prongs sit and added 3 new O-rings and it seems to be holding nicely.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey, that's a good deal! Thanks for posting back with the solution.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach