Yard Hydrant Maintenance?

wpbucher

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
South-Central Pennsylvania
Hi,

I had a yard hydrant installed at the equipment pad when the pool was built.
I'm very happy that I did.

We are starting our third summer with the pool.

I was wondering, what (if any) maintenance I should do on this hydrant?
I blow out the line for the winter and add some antifreeze...but that is it.
Should I be adding any lubrication?

YardHydrant.jpg

No sure what kind it is. There are no markings on the faucet itself.

Thanks for you help.

Actually if that was installed properly there is no need to blow it out/winterize. It is designed so that the valve is below the frost line and when you turn it off the water in the up pipe drains back out into the ground.

I have several of them both here in SC and in the mountains of NC and have never done anything to any of them.

When you get a moment, please add your location to your profile. To change your profile select "Settings" (top right under Pool School button). Scroll down (left side) to "My Settings" & select Edit Profile.

Judging solely by the color, it is made in China and came from Northern Tool.... They are meant to be maintenance free.....

They are very similar. I had these guys: http://www.haldemanmechanical.com/ install the hydrant. They just ran well pipe out to the hyrdrant. They charged a lot of money for the time/materials that were required. I remember the stalk was quite long, so it is probably below the frost line. I did have them plumb it so that I can turn a valve and drain it into the sump pump.

Thanks for the info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.