Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover for Pool Cleaner & Caddy?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover for Pool Cleaner & Caddy?

Yesterday I purchased a Polaris P955 Cleaner from Leslie's. It has the caddy with it. I would like to keep it fairly close to the pool but am reluctant to leave it uncovered. Does anybody have a suggestion for a supplier or option for something like this.

I thought that one of the bullet style smoker grill covers might work for it but thought that it could be a little baggy and would hold debris.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover for Pool Cleaner & Caddy?

I'm having one made, by my MIL. Nothing fancy, just an oversized pillow case to shade the caddy and power supply while the M5 is working.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Broken Arrow, OK (Tulsa)

Re: Cover for Pool Cleaner & Caddy?

I'm using a grill cover (I guess you could call it "bullet style") for my Dolphin DX-4 cleaner/caddy. Our pool collects a lot of leaves, but the cover doesn't seem to hold them. My only wish is that it was a bit longer, but it's the only one I've found that works OK. (Coming from a user who's had 3 Dolphin power supplies fail, and the only thing I can attribute the failures to is leaving the controller uncovered).
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.