SWG or AQL-P-4 Dilemma

honeill14

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2014
Hopedale, MA
I am trying to determine if my cell is bad or my AQL-P-4 board is bad. My local pool store has tested my cell, which is 10 years old, and says it is generating chlorine (cost me $50 for the test!). The errors I get on the board say 'Check system no cell power' and 'Chlor off test salt level'. I tested the water at the pool store for salt and I used a test strip (Aquacheck test strips) and it read 3200ppm and the water temp is 62F, so the cell should start based on Goldlines manual. A few years ago I had to solder the board for the cell power issue. Any suggestions on how I can figure out which one needs replacing? Thanks.

SWG is supposed to work above 60 but they don't always. I would wait until 65 or even 70 to start working on it, especially since it is so old. You definitely got your moneys worth, 10 years is a lot more than most. Use bleach for now.

My pool temp is now 75F and I'm still getting the 'Check system no cell power' and 'Chlor off test salt level' errors. Not sure where to go next to figure out if my Goldline 066008G-1 circuit board or my cell needs replacing. Any ideas out there?

More info....when I first start up the filter the Diagnostics displays amps=0.0 volts=0.0 and salt =0000ppm temp =75F for about 30 seconds and then starts displaying 'Check system no cell power' and 'Chlor off test salt level' errors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.