My Stenner install

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
I'm another convert to the Stenner pump. I replaced my liquidator that has been in service for three years. It did the job but we are going to be gone for six weeks at a time twice this year and the liquidator does not hold enough chlorine to last that long.

I started the stenner up last Friday, May 1 and it is set-up to run anytime the main pump runs - currently 9 hours per day. The Stenner is a model 45MPH10 and I started with a flow setting of 1.0. I've tested the chlorine three times per day since starting up and every test has been either 3.5 or 4.0 ppm which is exactly what I wanted. Guess I got lucky.

The clicking sound that has been discussed a lot is not a problem for me. I can't hear it unless I'm standing close to the pump. So far I'm very pleased with the installation and the performance. The storage tank holds 25 gallons of 10.5% chlorine so that should be more than enough to last 2 months.

:) Welcome to world of Stenner pumps. My install has made my life easier. Like yourself I am not available to check and add bleach on a daily basis. I also like the ability to add a bolus dose if we have high bather load or use the spa. Mine is hooked up to the ET panel.

Loving mine. I bought the 3g/day version, and just run it 2 hours around noon (32oz). More reliable than the DIY I had. Used the circuit I use to have a cleaner pump on (now 4WD robot). FC stays 4.5-5.5 depending on time of day. My tank's only 15 gallons, but still would last almost 2 months (not that I let it go that long). Typically fill to 10g, top off every 2 weeks. Stenner + Aquabot + Poolskim + SweepEase = more pool/beer time!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.