Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Stenner install

1. Back To Top    #1

My Stenner install

I'm another convert to the Stenner pump. I replaced my liquidator that has been in service for three years. It did the job but we are going to be gone for six weeks at a time twice this year and the liquidator does not hold enough chlorine to last that long.

I started the stenner up last Friday, May 1 and it is set-up to run anytime the main pump runs - currently 9 hours per day. The Stenner is a model 45MPH10 and I started with a flow setting of 1.0. I've tested the chlorine three times per day since starting up and every test has been either 3.5 or 4.0 ppm which is exactly what I wanted. Guess I got lucky.

The clicking sound that has been discussed a lot is not a problem for me. I can't hear it unless I'm standing close to the pump. So far I'm very pleased with the installation and the performance. The storage tank holds 25 gallons of 10.5% chlorine so that should be more than enough to last 2 months.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Stenner install

Good job.

Is your holding tank covered?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    Good job.

Is your holding tank covered?
    Yes, it has an open top with a full cover.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to world of Stenner pumps. My install has made my life easier. Like yourself I am not available to check and add bleach on a daily basis. I also like the ability to add a bolus dose if we have high bather load or use the spa. Mine is hooked up to the ET panel.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

5. Back To Top    #5

Loving mine. I bought the 3g/day version, and just run it 2 hours around noon (32oz). More reliable than the DIY I had. Used the circuit I use to have a cleaner pump on (now 4WD robot). FC stays 4.5-5.5 depending on time of day. My tank's only 15 gallons, but still would last almost 2 months (not that I let it go that long). Typically fill to 10g, top off every 2 weeks. Stenner + Aquabot + Poolskim + SweepEase = more pool/beer time!
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48” PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB