Recommended pool pad size 4x5?

dw9000

Aug 17, 2014
NW Ohio
What would be the ideal size for a pool pad - would 3x4 do or would 4x5 work better?. I don't expect ever putting in a heater, so it would just be the pump & filter.
I planned on piping the 2" PVC (3 returns, 1 drain & 2 skimmers) just in front of the pad using 4 Jandy valves. But don't want to run out of space front to back with the pump size & plumbing fixtures.

Ok, 4x6 I think I 'll go with bigger, a few extra bags of concrete won't hurt my budget.

I am taking pictures, and will eventually post up something. I did concrete block, walls are up, I am ready to do the plumbing and vermiculite floor. I plan to have the pros install the liner, they want like $3000 just to install. My pool is approximate 32x22x5, that seems high to me.

Ok, 4x6 I think I 'll go with bigger, a few extra bags of concrete won't hurt my budget.

I am taking pictures, and will eventually post up something. I did concrete block, walls are up, I am ready to do the plumbing and vermiculite floor. I plan to have the pros install the liner, they want like $3000 just to install. My pool is approximate 32x22x5, that seems high to me.

Excited to see it, and I wish I could do it myself, you are going to save quite a few dollars this way, and you will know its done right. That sounds a little high from the few people I've seen on here doing it themselves. Did you try searching?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe you were asking me? The electrition is bringing my box on monday, he said it will be about 14x12.. I am running power about 150 feet (40 feet underground) and will have 60 amps of breakers so he is running 6/4 single wire ( I think thats what he said :). the underground portion I will be putting in 2 inch pipe..

The breaker box, 600 watt low voltage converter, Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System, and the CircuPool SJ45 Salt System will all be installed on the back side of the stand under the 2x10, that side is north facing and the sun will never hit any of the power boxes and also most of the bad weather comes out of the southwest so it will protect it also..

I believe you were asking me? The electrition is bringing my box on monday, he said it will be about 14x12.. I am running power about 150 feet (40 feet underground) and will have 60 amps of breakers so he is running 6/4 single wire ( I think thats what he said :). the underground portion I will be putting in 2 inch pipe..

The breaker box, 600 watt low voltage converter, Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System, and the CircuPool SJ45 Salt System will all be installed on the back side of the stand under the 2x10, that side is north facing and the sun will never hit any of the power boxes and also most of the bad weather comes out of the southwest so it will protect it also..

Thanks for the information.

You could always make an adaptable pad (i.e. non-poured) out of large pavers so that it is easy to get to the piping and to add more space without have to break through concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.