Jandy Aquapure Ei burnt out panel with pics....Replaced with Hayward Blue Essence

mpk1970

May 14, 2013
Here's what happened....
I bought Jandy Ei back in June 2011 so almost got 4 years. No build up in cell. Started to get "no flow". Usually I would just clean the filter and be done. This time, it didn't work. I changed to a new filter....Nothing still that "no flow"
I bought a new cell. Kinda worked. Message went to now "check salt low temperature". That kept on same message for about 1 week. Then it went back to "No Flow". I decided to look into the control panel where I found 1 section that was literally burned out. My pool guy, guy who recommended Hayward, found another part of the panel burnt out. So in total 4 separate places were it burnt out. (See pics)

Is this common?

Has anybody had experience with Hayward Blue Essence? Reliable?

Screw Jandy. All I see on this forum is the problems with Jandy's. Never again.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I missed another burnt out place...in the middle picture, the "memory batteries" my pool said they were...the one left of the yellow circled one also was burnt out, so that's 2 outta 3 of those "memory batteries"

I also noticed that the "fan" top left corner of the 1st picture, is literally 5x smaller than the Hayward fan. Wonder if that's a good thing? Plus the Hayward seems to be built much more solid.

Attachments

• unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 38
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 35
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.