Just opened pool, waiting on test kit, advice needed.

May 5, 2015
NY
Hello I just opened a pool at a house I moved into over the winter. Was half empty so I filled it with well water. I have all these leftover chemicals from the previous owner that I was going to use but then....... I started reading this site while the pool was filling. I am now going to use the TFPC method. I put in 3 jugs of bleach but that's where it ended. Right now the water is clear and the pump is running. I tested ph and the color looked like it was at 6.8. I have a TF100 kit on the way. My question is will the pool be ok until I get the test kit and can add chemicals on Friday? Should I do something in the interim? I should have gotten the test kit first but I just did not know. I don't want to mess anything up.

Also concerning the TFPC method:

Is there an order in which I should be adding chemicals? It seems like one thing effects another so I don't want to just add everything all at once and screw it up.

Thanks all.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

You can just add about 2-3ppm of FC every day until you have a test kit. Depending on the pool's size, blindly dumping in 3 gallons of bleach may not have been a very good idea.

Sorry about that - fixed my sig. I thought the amount would be ok based upon what I use for my well water chlorinator. I hope it's okay. You think I should still be adding more on top of that?

:hammer: D'oh! Thanks for helping this Noob. Love pools but have never owned one. Really fortunate to have this site and your help.

Edit: Also when I test will I be testing in PPM? When I look at the pool calculator it just has 4.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.