Natural Gas Regulator Vent Issue

bstway

May 21, 2013
Falls Church, VA
I think there might be some serious bug or the like stuff jammed into my gas regulator vent pipe. Doing my usual vacuuming and tapping didn't get everything. So, I tried getting at it with some thin wire. It seems I can feel a log jam of something in there. Is it safe to remove the vent for inspection/removal of debris? I'm super paranoid about anything natural gas

This is a small regulator dedicated to the heater. It is located right next to the heater and has a maybe 3/8" U-shaped metal vent pipe threaded on it. Not sure if there is a seal, yellow teflon tape or what. It is attached using a hex fitting of some sort. So, it would be easy to remove and re-install

Just in case your vent pipe gets clogged by varmint activity over the winter you can remove it. I'ts held in place with a simple reusable compression fitting. A third of the pipe on my regulator was filled with debris. Once debris was removed Old Bessei (2001 Mini Max Plus 400) fired right up. Now I just need to check the high temp sensor. Last year the heater would run and run and run until manually turned off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.