Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Natural Gas Regulator Vent Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Natural Gas Regulator Vent Issue

I think there might be some serious bug or the like stuff jammed into my gas regulator vent pipe. Doing my usual vacuuming and tapping didn't get everything. So, I tried getting at it with some thin wire. It seems I can feel a log jam of something in there. Is it safe to remove the vent for inspection/removal of debris? I'm super paranoid about anything natural gas
    11.5k gal, IG Plaster (2001), 1.5 HP Pentair Ultra-Flow Pump, Purex Triton FNS Plus 60 sqft DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Natural Gas Regulator Vent Issue

I routinely cut the vent, PVC, and blow it out and then couple it back together. Is yours made of PVC?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Since this is gas and odds are the regulator is on the gas company's side of the meter, you're probably better off to call them and have them check it out

4. Back To Top    #4

This is a small regulator dedicated to the heater. It is located right next to the heater and has a maybe 3/8" U-shaped metal vent pipe threaded on it. Not sure if there is a seal, yellow teflon tape or what. It is attached using a hex fitting of some sort. So, it would be easy to remove and re-install
    11.5k gal, IG Plaster (2001), 1.5 HP Pentair Ultra-Flow Pump, Purex Triton FNS Plus 60 sqft DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Just in case your vent pipe gets clogged by varmint activity over the winter you can remove it. I'ts held in place with a simple reusable compression fitting. A third of the pipe on my regulator was filled with debris. Once debris was removed Old Bessei (2001 Mini Max Plus 400) fired right up. Now I just need to check the high temp sensor. Last year the heater would run and run and run until manually turned off.