Hayward/Aquarite salt system - lights go out

Digz

May 5, 2015
Waterdown, Ontario
Newbie here -

This is my second year in my house, which had an existing Hayward Aquarite salt system in it ( http://www.hayward-pool.com/shop/Product_10201_10551_13009_-1_27501_14006_I ). Both winters I have taken the cell and the electronics inside for storage. I hooked everything up this weekend, got the heater going and the temp up to 74 degrees, then turned the system on to Super Chlorinate.

The no-flow light was on briefly but a minor adjustment (1/8 turn or so) got that shut off and I thought life would be good. The 3 green lights came on (power, generating and super-chlorinate), so I closed the box and went on my merry way. The next morning I went to check on things, and all of the lights were off, although the LCD readout was still functioning. I tested what I could on the board and the fuse is fine,as is the input voltage. I tried powering it off completely, and it did a normal start up - the no-flow light flashed for a bit, and then I switched it to super and all 3 lights came on again. Then they shut off after 30 seconds.

I shut if off (by the switch, still had power to it) and left it overnight again. Today I switched it back up to Super and again, 3 lights for about 30 seconds and then all of the lights went out again.

I had the water tested and the chlorine is reading 0ppm and the salt is at 3000 (LCD reads 3100).

The only abnormal reading I get is that the cell voltage is only 9.3-9.5 and according to the manual it should be 22-25 when generating and 30-35 when not (amperage is .04 but it's not generating so...)

Anyone able to offer some advice/solutions? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Follow up - Did some more reading and tested the current limiter. Sure enough, when I jumpered it and powered back up, the voltage was at 31. I took off the jumper and the voltage st at 31 for a bit. I turned on the generator switch and there was a CLICK and the voltage readings were all over the place (low).

Anyone know a good Canadian source for a new current limiter?

Thanks!

Don't know about Canadian, but if you can order from America, go to Digikey.com - they are DIRT cheap and I order the limiters en mass as my older AquaRite continually blew those when we had some high temps one year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.