In my case I bought a house with a pool that is 20 years old and from what I can tell everything is original and needs to be replaced. As I see it I have two major renovations, resurfacing and replacing the pump/filter. I have done research on how to run the filter and what I need to do to maintain it. The problem is I think the motor is almost dead. Most of the time it runs fine (ie relatively quietly), but when I turn it off for anything longer than 10 minutes when I turn it back on it screeches something fierce for a few minutes until it warms back up again. I think the bearings are giving out on it and as a result I am afraid to turn it off and its been running 24/7 even though I have a timer. I only turn it off to clean the skimmers/filter etc.
I need help with the best way to replace the filter and pump. I would like to replace it all, pump, filter, valves, etc and I would like to go with a variable speed pump and possibly change from DE to cartridge, but I don't know what size of filter I need. Can anyone give me some recommendations given what I have now as to what I should get? Also, I assume I need to find a pool filter installer of some sort to do the wiring/pluming. Whats the best way to go about finding someone like that?
- I live in Atlanta
- I've been told the pool is around 17,000 gallons
- The filter is a DE American Products Titan from what I can tell, but I have no idea how big it is in sq. ft.
- The pump is a single speed 1hp Century Centurion 220v
- The covers on the skimmers say Pentair if that helps
- The basket right before the pump says Ultra-Flo on it