Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Home Warranty Companies and Pool Coverage

1. Back To Top    #1

Home Warranty Companies and Pool Coverage

I dont know if this is the correct place for this question or not, but I'm looking at getting a home warranty. We had a warranty that came with the house, but it expired some months ago and I'm thinking of getting a new one.

Does anyone have advice or recommendations about which company to use? I live in Central Texas if has any impact on which one might be better.

Thanks in advance,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Home Warranty Companies and Pool Coverage

Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not sure these warranties make a lot of sense for pools. After they nickle and dime you for multiple visits to fix the problem, you are stuck with them doing the cheapest possible fix they can. None of the equipment is that expensive and sudden failure rates are pretty low.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Home Warranty Companies and Pool Coverage

Welcome to TFP.

I used to buy home warranties way back when. Nearly every time i called them there was some reason why it wasn't covered. So, I stopped getting them 10 or so years ago. Admittedly, I didn't have pools back then, but I wouldn't expect pools to be any different.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach