Hi. I have a fountain and I am considering a new pump as the old pump is probably pretty inefficient and electricity rates are now in the high 20s per kWh.
1. Existing pump is 1/2 HP.
2. Pump is ~6 feet above the water level in the fountain.
3. Presently have a small suction side leak that is underground. No problem running but self-priming doesn't happen after the pump has been off for more than 6-8 hours.
4. For reasons in #3, a variable speed pump that would let me dial it way down at night would be a nice feature.
5. Two-inch piping all around.
6. I'd like maybe a bit more available power (for a taller spray).
7. I am concerned about energy costs
Is there a clear favorite for my needs?