Replacement for Polaris 380 backup valve?

MrBill3

Apr 19, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Is there an aftermarket backup valve for the Polaris 380 that doesn't back up as often and quite so vigorously? Every 5 minutes or so would be perfect in my pool, with the reversing power only 1/2 or so of what it is now!

It's been 19 days since I've posted the above message. Since there's been no replies, I'd like to add the following:

- The drive wheel on my 380 is running at exactly 28 RPM, so adding a restrictor will probably do more harm than good.
- The flow from the backup valve is so powerful and long lasting that it will move the 380 30'(+) during its backup cycle.
- Since my pool is smaller (the 380 was originally in a larger pool), the backup valve will often wind itself around the output at the wall once or twice before the backup cycle ends. Normally these loops will pull out, but not always.

What I need is a replacement backup valve (or information on modifications to the existing valve) that will greatly reduce the force and duration of the water during the backup cycle. Can anyone help?

Thanks, MrBill3

http://aa4m.com/MyPool.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.