I have a few questions regarding a conversion from chlorine to a salt water system, due to some family health reasons. Any help is appreciated!
First, some info on my pool. Its an above ground 24' round, 4' deep (approx 13,500 gallon), age unknown but i would guess about 10-12 years old. I have a 1 hp pump with a cartridge filter, approx 1 year old. Vinyl liner that i replaced last summer, also.
Now, for some questions...
1) Am i able to use my existing pump and filter with the salt water generator, or will they have to be replaced also?
2) Recommendations for salt water generators (high-end, low-end, middle-of-the-road)?
3) What type of regular testing is involved?
4) Any other maintenance required?
5) I plan on replacing my decking this year also, does regular pressure-treated lumber hold up well to salt water? I know it can be corrosive to metals, but i have plastic steps so that should not be an issue.
Thank you in advance for your help