Advice on getting a new filter

Jun 30, 2013
MA
I am looking for a little advice on possibly getting a new filter for my 18x48 Ultra Frame Intex Pool which holds 6423 gallons of water. I am currently using the pump it came with which is a Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump 1500gpm. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I was wondering if a sand filter is a better choice or stick with the cartridge filter. I want to be able to use a normal vacuum and hook it right up to the filter so it would have to be powerful enough for that. Last year I had issues with green and I'm thinking if my filter was better I wouldn't have that issue. Granted I did learn I wasn't running it long enough so that mistake was rectified. It's just about time to put it up so I'd like to get everything needed ASAP. Thank you!

Many many members find that the Intex 2500(? ... I may have the number wrong) sand filter/pump combo is a HUGE improvement over the smaller cartridge setups.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, algae has NOTHING to do with your filter. It is a chemistry problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.