Stalled CC with SLAM, can I do anything more?

shacke

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
Philadelphia
I have been slamming for about 9 days now. The pool on opening was a murky, brown mess.

The CC has gone from 2 to 1.5 and hasn't budged in a while. I am keeping it at shock levels. Using the TF test kit

I have a DE filter that doesn't need to be backwashed, pressure above starting pressure is maybe 4.

I am brushing the pool daily and no longer see any dust or debris. I vacuum daily and am not getting much in the bag even after a 7 hour run. The water is totally clear now.

There are flowers falling in the pool that I am trying to keep up with. Could that be the reason for the persistent CC?

Should I backwash anyway to clear whatever detritus is in the filter? Opening pressure was 19, its now 23.

Not sure why my CC has stalled.

Thanks!

Hi Shacke,
is your water clear?

If it is, you might have some gunk behind the light fixture or in an autofil can or any water feature pipes that have been unused.
the behind the light has stumped many a SLAM and caused the CC to stay high.

TFP recommendation is to clean the filter when it rises 20 - 25% above the clean pressure.

I don't know if this helps your situation, but when we had flowers falling in our pool my cc also went up.

Thanks. That's helpful. Too make matters worse, I have a leak In a skimmer line which should be fixed today I hope. It's making it hard to clear the little flowers.

the other possibilities Dave mentioned won't be the culprit with my pool.

The pool is crystal clear. I wouldn't ever guess there was a chlorine demand

I know it can be frustrating, but if you keep it up it is worth it in the end. I am glad you discovered your leak. I am sure that will help. When my CC finally started dropping it stalled at 1 for a long time. Keep it up!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.