Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stalled CC with SLAM, can I do anything more?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stalled CC with SLAM, can I do anything more?

I have been slamming for about 9 days now. The pool on opening was a murky, brown mess.

The CC has gone from 2 to 1.5 and hasn't budged in a while. I am keeping it at shock levels. Using the TF test kit

I have a DE filter that doesn't need to be backwashed, pressure above starting pressure is maybe 4.

I am brushing the pool daily and no longer see any dust or debris. I vacuum daily and am not getting much in the bag even after a 7 hour run. The water is totally clear now.

There are flowers falling in the pool that I am trying to keep up with. Could that be the reason for the persistent CC?

Should I backwash anyway to clear whatever detritus is in the filter? Opening pressure was 19, its now 23.

Not sure why my CC has stalled.

Thanks!
    19000 gal in ground, pebble tec. Sta-rite system 3 DE filter, Aquarite SWG, raypak 406A heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stalled CC with SLAM, can I do anything more?

Hi Shacke,
    is your water clear?

If it is, you might have some gunk behind the light fixture or in an autofil can or any water feature pipes that have been unused.
    the behind the light has stumped many a SLAM and caused the CC to stay high.

TFP recommendation is to clean the filter when it rises 20 - 25% above the clean pressure.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know if this helps your situation, but when we had flowers falling in our pool my cc also went up.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

The simple answer also is time. It just takes a while sometimes to "burn" up everything. It will turn, just stick with it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Defgufman View Post
    I don't know if this helps your situation, but when we had flowers falling in our pool my cc also went up.
    Thanks. That's helpful. Too make matters worse, I have a leak In a skimmer line which should be fixed today I hope. It's making it hard to clear the little flowers.

the other possibilities Dave mentioned won't be the culprit with my pool.

The pool is crystal clear. I wouldn't ever guess there was a chlorine demand
    19000 gal in ground, pebble tec. Sta-rite system 3 DE filter, Aquarite SWG, raypak 406A heater

6. Back To Top    #6

But there is. When it's all gone the CC will drop.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I know it can be frustrating, but if you keep it up it is worth it in the end. I am glad you discovered your leak. I am sure that will help. When my CC finally started dropping it stalled at 1 for a long time. Keep it up!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

8. Back To Top    #8

What do you know. Patience was the key. CC now 0.5 and all is well. Thanks for forcing me to chill out!

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by shacke View Post
    What do you know. Patience was the key. CC now 0.5 and all is well. Thanks for forcing me to chill out!
    Yes POP (pool owner patience) is the key. Glad it finally dropped. How is your water looking?
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

10. Back To Top    #10

Beeyoootiful! Chlorine dropping in the good weather so I hope to get in this weekend!

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

That is great! Be very proud of yourself and enjoy your
    Lisa