Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Motor Trouble Installing

1. Back To Top    #1

New Motor Trouble Installing

Hi, I got a B2977 motor for my Hayward SP4010NS pump. It is longer then the old motor which is like a B128. Correction, I looked at Century site and it says they are the same. How can he be having this problem? .... The motor I got is a lot longer and that is the trouble we are having getting it to fit. Any comments help.

I came back to correct, after reading all the stuff on Century's site including the dimensions. I need help now installing my pump. It's been two days without it and my roommate is being a 2 year old and not willing to help. I was worried this would happen.
    Beachinmoney, live in AZ, Pool is inground approx. 14,500 gallons of water. I have a Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump. The pool was built in 2006 and Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Filter System. A&A in-ground cleaning system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Motor Trouble Installing

So what is the problem? You are going to have to be more specific and maybe add pictures.

BTW, you should be maintaining the FC levels still and just brush really well to keep the bleach mixed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It's dark now, I don't really understand, he just couldn't get it to fit when he tried to insert the motor assembly into the pump housing. I will take pictures in the am...
    Beachinmoney, live in AZ, Pool is inground approx. 14,500 gallons of water. I have a Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump. The pool was built in 2006 and Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Filter System. A&A in-ground cleaning system

4. Back To Top    #4

It's in and working. I want to really thank you and everyone else for all the help.

5. Back To Top    #5

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!