cool lights

Sep 15, 2008
We recently built a inground gunite pool. We were on a budget and the pb basically gave us no bells or whistles just a good pool. We have the standard Pentair lights. One in the pool and one in the spa. Just plain white bulbs. I have seen these color changing LED lights sold on Ebay and other pool supply stores. The price range from $50-$200. What does it take to replace what I have and install these cool lights? Is it a bulb that just screws into the existing housing? Does the whole thing need to be pulled out of the pool and rewired? I didnt really watch the guys put the lights in so I have no idea whats behind the glass. Thanks

There are several different kinds of lights, different voltages and different bulb bases. You should be able to find one that matches your current light that will work.

There is usually one screw that holds the light into the niche. Remove that screen and bring the light up onto the deck, hopefully the cord is long enough. When you open the light assembly you will need to replace the gasket. The whole process is exactly the same as replacing a bulb.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.