New to TFP

May 4, 2015
Corona, Ca
Hello Everyone,
I stumbled accross this site last week and have been reading some of your posts. This is a great forum and I want to thank you all for allowing me to participate and look forward to receive your insights and feedback.

I have two primary problems, my CYA was measured at 120ppm and my CH was said to be at 680ppm according to Leslie's last week. Due to water restrictions I plan to put in Bio-Active soon. My plan is cover off, pucks out, no superchlorination or algecide for 8 days and wait to receive my new tf-100 test kit. My current DPD test kit handles CH, PH, and Total Alkalinity just fine. Oh, I have a healthy supply of bleach on-hand to maintain the chlorine level.

FC 2.5
TC 3.0
PH 7.2
TA 110
CYA 120
CH 680

I look forward to any and all thoughts you have concerning my current water problemd.

I hope it works for you. So far results are mixed, a little more to the negative I think.

No more pucks is a good thing.

Good accurate testing and documentation will help your fellow forum members.

That's true. I have not checked into a RO service but I will look into that tomorrow. The only water replacement I looked into was through the city that provides my water.
A quick Google search came up with these "Swimming Pool Water Delivery"

1. DC Waterworks
5430 College Ave
Riverside, CA 92505
(951) 218-0765

2. Bullfrog Water Truck
5579 Riverview Dr
Riverside, CA 92509
(951) 757-6297

Not sure if they are actually close, Google does have it's limitations...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Although the high CH is another reason to consider water replacement, or an RO service if you have that available. At least both of those are guaranteed to work.

Thank you for getting me back on the phone. Earlier today I left messages with pool water suppliers and I called the city again. I take the blame for not getting the facts correct. It seems that the city will let me drain down the pool and refill it as long as it gets completed before the 15th of this month. Needless to say I will start this by this Friday. City inspector needs to verify the PH and chlorine level before putting it in the sewer.

Thanks again for the push.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.