Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

New to TFP

Hello Everyone,
    I stumbled accross this site last week and have been reading some of your posts. This is a great forum and I want to thank you all for allowing me to participate and look forward to receive your insights and feedback.

I have two primary problems, my CYA was measured at 120ppm and my CH was said to be at 680ppm according to Leslie's last week. Due to water restrictions I plan to put in Bio-Active soon. My plan is cover off, pucks out, no superchlorination or algecide for 8 days and wait to receive my new tf-100 test kit. My current DPD test kit handles CH, PH, and Total Alkalinity just fine. Oh, I have a healthy supply of bleach on-hand to maintain the chlorine level.

FC 2.5
    TC 3.0
    PH 7.2
    TA 110
    CYA 120
    CH 680

I look forward to any and all thoughts you have concerning my current water problemd.
    Nick O.
    14' x 32' oval with spa, in-ground plaster pool holding 13,500 gallons. Hayward, 48 sq ft, DE filter and Hayward, 3400 VSP pump. Pool was installed January 1990. Currently we are in water restricted drought conditions. Normally I keep the pool covered to slow evaporation.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP

I hope it works for you. So far results are mixed, a little more to the negative I think.

No more pucks is a good thing.

Good accurate testing and documentation will help your fellow forum members.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome. I hope you like it here as much as I do. Everyone is very helpful.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

I understand it doesn't always work as advertised but my choices are limited. The plus side seems to be that there is not a downside to the product, other than its cost. Thanks for the feedback.
    Nick O.
    14' x 32' oval with spa, in-ground plaster pool holding 13,500 gallons. Hayward, 48 sq ft, DE filter and Hayward, 3400 VSP pump. Pool was installed January 1990. Currently we are in water restricted drought conditions. Normally I keep the pool covered to slow evaporation.

5. Back To Top    #5

Although the high CH is another reason to consider water replacement, or an RO service if you have that available. At least both of those are guaranteed to work.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you. I know I will like it here already because of the helpful suggestions the community provides.
    Nick O.

7. Back To Top    #7

That's true. I have not checked into a RO service but I will look into that tomorrow. The only water replacement I looked into was through the city that provides my water.
    Nick O.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by NickinCa View Post
    That's true. I have not checked into a RO service but I will look into that tomorrow. The only water replacement I looked into was through the city that provides my water.
    A quick Google search came up with these "Swimming Pool Water Delivery"

1. DC Waterworks
    5430 College Ave
    Riverside, CA 92505
    (951) 218-0765

2. Bullfrog Water Truck
    5579 Riverview Dr
    Riverside, CA 92509
    (951) 757-6297

Not sure if they are actually close, Google does have it's limitations...
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to the forum Nick!

Good to have you with us, and I hope you enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome to TFP....
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi Nick!
    Welcome to TFP!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Although the high CH is another reason to consider water replacement, or an RO service if you have that available. At least both of those are guaranteed to work.
    Thank you for getting me back on the phone. Earlier today I left messages with pool water suppliers and I called the city again. I take the blame for not getting the facts correct. It seems that the city will let me drain down the pool and refill it as long as it gets completed before the 15th of this month. Needless to say I will start this by this Friday. City inspector needs to verify the PH and chlorine level before putting it in the sewer.

Thanks again for the push.
    Nick O.

13. Back To Top    #13

Glad we could help. The combined knowledge around here is amazing.

Stick around, I think you will like us here....

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Glad we could help. The combined knowledge around here is amazing.

Stick around, I think you will like us here....
    That is the reason I am here, the combined knowledge and sharing it. I really appreciate the whole community in TFP.
    Nick O.