LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2014
Central Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'm hoping someone can help me be sure I'm understanding Pool Math correctly based on my info below. I've entered all of my test results and adjusted my goals according to Suggested Levels chart.

- I see that I need to Increase CYA & TA.
- Added salt just after testing.
- Are my goals too high/low?
- Is the water safe to swim at the current FC level until I can get the CYA up?
- Is it necessary to increase CH? (vinyl liner)
- CSI??? Is this high due to having more FC than what's recommended for my current CYA level? Should I be concerned about the current level?
- Am I not concerned with Borates since the TF100 does not include a test for it?

image.jpg

There is no reason to add calcium to a vinyl pool. Nor do you need to worry about CSI much, unless your CH gets way high on it's own.

Otherwise your goal levels look fairly reasonable. I might go a little higher on salt, so it is still reasonable at the end of the season.

There is no reason to add calcium to a vinyl pool. Nor do you need to worry about CSI much, unless your CH gets way high on it's own.

Otherwise your goal levels look fairly reasonable. I might go a little higher on salt, so it is still reasonable at the end of the season.

Thank you! And thank you for PoolMath - that's good stuff!
I just read the thread about Borates (should have done that first) so I understand now why that's not necessary.
What about the FC? Is that a safe level for swimming with such low CYA?

Oh and how much higher would you suggest for salt?

SWG pools need more CYA to cut down on the "ON" time therefore making your SWG last longer than if it was on 100% all the time.

If your pH is holding steady at 60 then you shouldn't need to increase TA, but that is as low as you can go. If your pH is decreasing then you definately need to increase TA until it holds steady.

Water is safe to swim in up to "shock" levels which is 16ppm at that CYA level. You are far from that at 4.5ppm FC.

No need to worry about CH with a vinyl pool. You are lucky to have a CH that low.

Your CSI is likey in the negatives because your CH is low. No need to worry about it.

Borates are optional. No need to worry about them until you get used to running your pool.

SWG pools need more CYA to cut down on the "ON" time therefore making your SWG last longer than if it was on 100% all the time.

If your pH is holding steady at 60 then you shouldn't need to increase TA, but that is as low as you can go. If your pH is decreasing then you definately need to increase TA until it holds steady.

Water is safe to swim in up to "shock" levels which is 16ppm at that CYA level. You are far from that at 4.5ppm FC.

No need to worry about CH with a vinyl pool. You are lucky to have a CH that low.

Your CSI is likey in the negatives because your CH is low. No need to worry about it.

Borates are optional. No need to worry about them until you get used to running your pool.

Thank you so much! You guys are awesome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.