Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cool Natural Pool Vac!

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Natural Pool Vac!

This year when opening my pool I used nature's natural vacuum: gravity.

I live on top of a hill. I filled my vacuum hose with water, just like I would to connect it to the skimmer, but took the end down the hill and took my hand off the end of the hose. It was surprising how much force that water rushing out of the end of the hose created.

Then I vacuumed my pool. The best part. All that **** on the bottom of my pool went out the hose and down the hillside. It never went through my filter or pump. In 3 days, my pool is open. A new record for me by far!
    Jeff MC

20 x 40 in ground pool vinyl liner (35,000 gallons). Hayward S240 sand filter. 1 1/2 variable speed pump, 2 skimmers, BBB believer, TF100XL test kit, and a well-loved Stihl MS211 with 16" bar accompanied by a Oregon chain saw sharpener.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Cool Natural Pool Vac!

Great idea!! Glad you had sufficient hose length to get the siphon to work well.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Hickory, NC

Re: Cool Natural Pool Vac!

That is how I get water off my pool cover! Works great!

Sent using Tapatalk
    ~ 18.5' x 36.5' inground Grecian pool with vinyl liner
    ~ approximately 23,000 gallons
    ~ AquaRite Salt Water Generator cell size t-9
    ~ 1.5 HP Hayward Pump and Hayward Sand Filter
    ~ TF-100 test kit