Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to get pool cartridges cheap?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to get pool cartridges cheap?

Well it's that time again. I feel like everytime i go to pinch a penny i am getting robbed when i buy cartridges. I have a hayward housing and i believe the filter is a hayward C175 and they sre like $100+.
    Do i have to stay with hayward filters or do i have other options and where are the cheapest places online. Thanks
    AQUARITE SWG SYSTEM, HAYWARD T15 CELL, CARTRIDGE FILTER, 23K RECTANGLE POOL , MARCITE FINISH, TF 100 Test kit

"LIVE EACH DAY AS IF IT WERE YOUR LAST"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to get pool cartridges cheap?

Third party filters are generally fine. Between them, Unicel and Pleatco make nearly all of the OEM filter cartridges that come with a new filter.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

I am a Pleatco fan.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

U guys are awesome. Was'nt sure if there were other brands or the names.Thank u
    AQUARITE SWG SYSTEM, HAYWARD T15 CELL, CARTRIDGE FILTER, 23K RECTANGLE POOL , MARCITE FINISH, TF 100 Test kit

"LIVE EACH DAY AS IF IT WERE YOUR LAST"

6. Back To Top    #6

I got mine from Amazon also. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. But I bought it in the fall when they were lowering stock on hand and they kept dropping the price. There is a website called camelcamelcamel.com that tracks amazon prices and I used it to keep an eye on the filter price. http://camelcamelcamel.com/Unicel-C-...uct/B0039ZJ5EU I missed the "bottom" by $4, but still got an extra filter for $44...almost 1/2 off. Looks like your filter size dropped to $19 last August http://camelcamelcamel.com/Pleatco-P...uct/B000W8HIY6
    Leisure Pools Riviera 34 Fiberglass IG 16100 gals
    CS150 Cartridge Filter 1hp FloPro pump, AquaPure E1 SWG

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I am a Pleatco fan.
    Same here.
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the links...good to know...will be shopping shortly.
    IG freeform pool, plaster/gunite, cartridges, Hayward pump
    Fill pool with city water or rain
    Trees in area with leaves falling into pool!