First time pool owner / Pristine Blue convert

Found this guy from the previous owner!!!
aaa397b72a73a0936cc6642cf16f3352.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool. I need to find something like that for mine. All I've seen is the really cheap ones that look like they'll break in 2 minutes.

The only bad thing about this cat is that i really need like 4-5 of them to cover the entire pool. He also gets sucked up against the wall from the current and kind of hangs out there. A couple more would be cool but I would like to have the same one so the lights match and I could put them all in the same sequence.

So i'm getting a little discouraged... I've been slamming a couple days now and I haven't seen any change. My FC levels have been maintained at 12 and sometimes it will drop only slightly and sometimes it wont move at all. My wife keeps asking me if this is safe and am I going to destroy the liner doing this? I keep telling her its safe based on what i've read here. I also see things floating in the water. the look like small (less than 1mm) clear/white clumps of stuff. I have added 64 ounces of metal free. Is that the copper clumping up? im just getting discouraged because it looks the same now as it did when i started.

Does your pool look like the one in this thread?

Did you ever get your new filter? How long are you running your pump?

I still think your filter may be playing a part in your pool not getting clean. Once you get your new one, install it and run your pump 24/7 for a few days. You should see a HUGE difference.

Water looks clear except the floaters. I never though about it benign pollen. It really wasn't very big so I thought it might be something chemical. My CC level has been consistently 0 or less than .5 (one drop) since I started the slam.

I've tried the OCLT but it haven't passed yet since my FC keeps dropping.

Kris, my pump has been running 24/7 and it's finally started to clear up the spotty look after about a day with the new filter. My water isn't as bad off pollen wise as the guy in that thread though, so maybe I don't have it so bad after all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.