Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Identification

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer Identification

Hi everybody, first time post but i've been reading a lot from TFP for a few years now.

I bought a house with a in ground pool and its been a learning experience taking care of it.

I need some help identifying which skimmer I have, my pool store indicated that I should have a float valve in my skimmer which was something I never knew because it never had one in there. They only had one size which was about 6.25in diameter and it was slightly too big. I need something around 6in. The O-ring they sold me was also very thin compared to the one I took out. It seems like they have never seen a smaller valve or a gasket of that size in the skimmer.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what I have here. I do see a part of a sticker that is gold in color. The weir door utilizes a small pin/tab on both sides.

Thanks in advance.

Skimmer.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer Identification

Welcome to TFP!!!

Hmmm .. I thought all the spaceships (float diverters) were the same size
    But it does look like you have those vertical tabs that would limit the diameter of the diverter.

Maybe someone else will have a thought.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Skimmer Identification

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The pool people all said the same thing about the size as well. Hopefully someone will recognize it.

Man, I have so many questions...

Don