Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 replacement bag

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 replacement bag

My Polaris 280 came with the house, it had a Velcro closure that was nasty with particles. Bought a zipper replacement bag thru Amazon back in August 2014. Just noticed the zipper separates and no longer stays closed.

What do you guys recommend......Velcro or another zipper closure?
    About 23,200 gal vinyl in ground, "stop sign" shaped 22x22, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Hayward Aqua Plus Pro Logic Controller, Hayward T-15 SWG cell, Hayward S244T sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 280 replacement bag

I'm on my third bag in 8 years and I've always used the zipper bag. The most recent bag is a generic one I bought on eBay. Seems to be just as good as OEM. Sometimes zippers are self-repairing if you open to the fully open position and then fully close.
    ============================================================ ===========================================
    12,000 gal. IG Colorquartz, 1.65hp Sta-Rite with 2-spd motor, 300sf cartridge, disabled SWG, AquaLogic P4, Polaris 280, gas+solar, 6' sheer descent with dedicated pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I like the zipper better, but the past few have been velcro. I guess I take what I can fine for the best price at the time.

A strong jet of water on the velcro usually cleans it out pretty good.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have tried the open and reclose trick. Not working for some reason. The zipper teeth appear to be too short and do not grasp each other.
    About 23,200 gal vinyl in ground, "stop sign" shaped 22x22, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Hayward Aqua Plus Pro Logic Controller, Hayward T-15 SWG cell, Hayward S244T sand filter.