The time has come, any last minute tips?

Well thanks to a lot of hard work and good tips from here and elsewhere our Intex 22' x 52" pool went up last year and stayed up as long as I wanted it to. I took it down in early fall, rolled it up, and put it in the garage up off the floor. Its time to put it back up. I plan on re-following the guide at http://www.levelgroundpool.com/level-ground.html this year to try to get it more level. Last year it was 3" out of level the first time I tried to fill it so I partly drained it, jacked the legs, added pavers on the low end and was able to pull it back to 2" difference. I should have done a better job last year but I was wore out from having to dig far more than I expected (dug by hand and moved several tons of dirt and rock and concrete). This year I plan on refining. Hopefully I can get it nearly perfect. Any tips beyond the above site are welcome.

One question I definitely have is wrinkles. I had a plethora of them last year despite my best efforts. Is there any way to get more wrinkles out? Should I fill it barely to 1" then do wrinkles, go to 3" redo, then fill? Is there anything that can be put under the pool that makes the liner slide easier during this process? My ground is rocky with about 1/2-1" of sand. We then covered it with a mid range nylon tarp followed by the one that came with the pool. So, soil, sand, tarp, tarp, liner. Any suggested changes? One of the issues I will have this year is lack of man power, it will just be me and my daughter as my wife recently broke a finger and I don't want her near this kind of work.

Thanks!
Richard

With my above ground pool my installer got into the pool when it was ankle high and kind of floated around on his belly starting at the middle and pushing the liner out from there like this symbol * We do not have any wrinkles. We do have some divots but those happened over time. I am not sure why.

I like that you will be working on the ground to level it some more. Some people put foam board under their liner. It makes for a nice, smooth surface. They use duct tape (LOTS of it) to tape the pieces together so there is no gap between the boards.

Kim

Start at the low end and remove the 3 inches of soil. Do not build up the surface. The foundation of the pool is the absolute hardest. Its down right the worst part of install.

Set your legs on leveled pavers and fill the pool. Get an inch or water in it and get in and start pushing and pulling the wrinkles out. Once you're satisfied, start refilling the pool.

Some people put foam board under their liner. It makes for a nice, smooth surface. They use duct tape (LOTS of it) to tape the pieces together so there is no gap between the boards.

Kim
I do not like the use of duct tape like this. It is thick and not waterproof. MUCH better you use something like Tyvek tape for home weather barriers. It is waterproof, very thin and very sticky.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.