Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another new home, 2nd pool. Observation.

1. Back To Top    #1

Another new home, 2nd pool. Observation.

Purchased a new home in Pensacola in August 2014, with inground vinyl pool, shape of a stop sign. This is our 2nd pool, first was rectangle fiberglass inground. new pool has SWG and sand filter, unlike other one that had cartridge and liquid chlorine. Previous owner left us zero operating manuals.

Anyway, filter pressure indicator had water inside, so I replaced it. Got same pressure readings of about 10psi. Sight glass on filter had a tiny bit of sand, but no water in it. Water in the pool nice and clear since day one, so I only added salt when required.

Finally decided to backwash just for the heck of it. After all, the pressure gauge still at 10 psi. OMG was the water dirty. Looked like the muddy Mississippi River coming out the hose for a few seconds.

Guess I need to backwash more often. Should the sight gauge always have water in it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cajunfla; 05-04-2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Photo upside down
    About 23,200 gal vinyl in ground, "stop sign" shaped 22x22, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Hayward Aqua Plus Pro Logic Controller, Hayward T-15 SWG cell, Hayward S244T sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another new home, 2nd pool. Observation.

The site glass will only have water in it when you backwash.

Given the pool is new to you, I would suggest starting with Deep Cleaning your Sand Filter.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The picture is still upside down.
    27,500 gallon in ground gunite/plaster (1995). Attached Spa with fountain, spillway, and 2 lion heads streaming into the pool. Hayward pump and AO Smith UST1152 1.5 hp motor (single speed). Hayward 60 sq ft DE Filter (Model DE-6000). Kreepy Krauly cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, I noticed that too. Haven't figured out how to correct it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the heads up!!
    About 23,200 gal vinyl in ground, "stop sign" shaped 22x22, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Hayward Aqua Plus Pro Logic Controller, Hayward T-15 SWG cell, Hayward S244T sand filter.