dirty water coming through return jets

Hello, new to the pool thing. Question. I just opened my 16x32 salt water inground pool with a cartridge filter system, 3 years old. The water was crystal clear with a lot of dirt on the bottom. Did not add any chemicals to it at that time. So I decided to vacuum the dirt and everthing was great and spotless. I then noticed that there was dirt being shot back through the return lines. And now, the pool is dirty again and is a little cloudy. I checked all piping and cleaned the skimmer basket as well as the pump basket which was very full of worms and dirt. I even cleaned the cartridge filters too. Should I shock the pool? And let it take its course?
Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If dirt was making it through the filter, then there is a problem. I would pull the filter apart and inspect for tears or something.

What are your test results? We do not "shock" pools here, we follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process only when necessary.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.