Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help verifying voltage

1. Back To Top    #1

Help verifying voltage

Split by moderator from HERE. jblizzle

Quote Originally Posted by troydarwin View Post
    Thanks for the response, Jason. Wired it exactly as instructed (and as it shows on the diagram). Powered it up at the box, and I only have 1 speed - when toggle switch is up, motor turns off. Any ideas?
    Hi,
    I'm having the exact same problem. How do I verify 230v? In my case the pump will shut off when I flip the switch on the intermatic timer to on as well.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Wiring for new Whisperflo dual speed motor

Quote Originally Posted by AIU View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having the exact same problem. How do I verify 230v? In my case the pump will shut off when I flip the switch on the intermatic timer to on as well.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    you will need a volt/ohm meter. Set the volt meter to
    VAC (Volts AC) and if it has a scale set it to the next highest voltage over 240 volts (probably 500) turn the power to the circuit on and touch one lead to the red wire and the other lead to the black wire. Do not touch the wires with any part of your body as they will be live. The meter should read around 240 volts. If you are not comfortable doing this I would recommend you get someone who is as you will be working with live power.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump