Water at Pump Steaming Hot - Help!

May 4, 2015
Reading
Just moved into a new house and have my pool all opened up. Had a professional come do it and everything checked out. Things seem to be running smooth and I have the pump set to run 16 HRS a day. I was away for the weekend and when I came back I checked on everything and noticed the water in the filter right before the pump was smoking. I turned it off and the water was so hot I couldn't put my hand in it. I ended up backwashing the filter thinking that might have been the issue. All seems to be working ok now, but I'm not sure that was the definite cause. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Thank you! I'm not sure what could have possibly been blocked. Skimmers are all cleaned as is the filter basket right at the pump. I didn't change anything at all other than the backwash and its running well now. Anything else I should check?

I'll look into the runtime for sure as well, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.