Can I add a booster to polaris 360?

babsh

Aug 16, 2014
atlantta
Greetings!
After a long battle with algae last summer, thank you pool store for not telling me about the CYA in the tabs!!!.... I have found you all and very happy with results. Now we are looking to buy a cleaner. I see the Polaris 360 does not need a booster pump, can one be added later if we think we need it? It looks like we do have a designated line. There is a separate jet, kind of looks like a crooked finger. Hubby thinks it may be an adapter that past owners added for their cleaner.
Anyway back to the question- can you add a booster pump later if needed?

No. The 360 is designed to work with lower pressures and higher flow rates. The booster pump puts out higher pressure and lower flow rates like the 280 and 380 require.

I would highly recommend you NOT get a booster pressure cleaner as they are the most inefficient in terms of power consumption.

UGG... I was hoping you wouldn't say that. So I should just use a 360 even if its slow? I looked at a Dolphin "robot' but the sides of our pool are too steep and it couldn't make it up- had a hard time getting out of the deep end too. I borrowed a friends to see how it would work.
suggestion?

Can you divert more flow to the 360? It is really not that much of a concern for a cleaner to hit the walls. If they are that steep, no dirt will settle on them anyway. You should still brush though.

I use the 280 and love it. It only runs 2 hours at night at cleans great. It's pennies a day and beats vacuuming.
You like the 280 better than the 360? Is it good for big pools?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you would adjust valves ... assuming you have them. Post up some pictures of your equipment plumbing.
I'll try I know I have a picture in an old post, for another question.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.