Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: liner help please

1. Back To Top    #1

liner help please

Just moved in to this home and the above ground oval pool needs a new liner. I am confused as to which style liner I need to purchase. I took some photos so you can see what I am seeing. Looks like there was a overlap liner there originally and someone cut the liner and left it there under the track and installed a beaded liner. Is this what I am seeing? So, now I ask which liner should I get? Does it matter?
    Thank you for all your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: liner help please

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have experience with these, but someone around here will get you an answer.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Can anyone explain why i have two types of liners? Which one is correct? Can i purchase either type?

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't have a clue. Just trying to bump your post up so someone more experienced might be able to help you out.
    16'x32' Inground Vinyl, 21,100 gallons, Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T 3.1ft Sand Filter
    TFTestKits, Pool School, ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry, Chlorine/CYA Chart, PoolMath

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know this for a fact but it could be a mutitype liner rail. I imagine either would work as long as you get the correct size. We have an overlap liner and it works just fine but as you can see the liner shows on the outside so not really the most attractive looking. I have always wondered about the beaded type liners how they are supposed fit right since the size would have to be about perfect to not have any wrinkles but I have no experience with beaded liners.
    16k AG Vinyl Sand Filter